Dog Approved Beef Picadillo
This dog approved beef picadillo is a simple recipe appropriate for dogs. It has only three ingredients: lean beef, fresh sweet potatoes and a small portion of corn oil. It is easy to make, and it is freezer friendly. Best of all can be served on its own or combined with dried dog food.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 30 servings or more
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin lean
- 3 sweet potatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
Clean the sweet potatoes with water and soap, remove any debris and then peel. Dice and set aside.
In a pot add water and cook the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes.
In a skillet add the corn oil and let it warm, then add the ground beef sirloin and cook for few minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked but still juicy.
Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the cooked ground meat and combine.
Store the beef picadillo in plastic containers and freeze. Just keep one container in the fridge for the weekly feeding.
- Do not add salt or any condiments.
- Do not add more than one teaspoon of cooking oil (could be olive oil, corn oil or coconut oil).
- The serving suggestion depends on the weight and size of your dog.
- For example, serve one tablespoon combined with the dried dog food for a dog that is 18-20 pounds.
- Since this picadillo is freezer friendly, you can make in advance and keep a few containers adequately dated.
- Then defrost when needed. No need to warm.
- Can combine with the dried dog food or serve on its own.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1844IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg