Dog Approved Beef Picadillo is Today in the Menu!
Hello, I am your Chef Bella, and today I am making a favorite of mine: dog approved beef picadillo. This homemade dog food recipe is straightforward and surely will delight your best friends’ taste buds. Because who doesn’t like a tasty beef dish. I have not met a dog that doesn’t like beef!
My mom is Mexican, so I have gotten inspiration from her picadillo recipes for humans and made it dog-friendly. When shopping at the butchers, I cannot pass a fresh sirloin, perfect for this dog-approved beef picadillo and homemade dog food.
I have added sweet potatoes for more flavor and using a tiny portion of cooking oil for a leaner dish and no salt or condiments. Dogs should eat only lean meats, not fatty ones, and no sodium. You know, we like to keep ourselves fit and healthy.
Chef Bella ready to cook the picadillo!
I like to serve the picadillo combined with good quality dried dog food. Just add a tablespoon of the dog approved beef picadillo, and this will make your dog’s meal irresistible.
You can prepare this recipe ahead of time and freeze it. That way, your pooch will have a dog-friendly dish to enjoy every day.
Ready to enjoy the dog approved beef picadillo!
Making homemade recipes that are appropriate for our pets is a good idea to control the ingredients’ quality and be certain of what we are feeding to our best friends at home. However, before feeding homemade food to your dog, we recommend giving small amounts combined with the usual kibble your pet eats regularly.
It is also important to consider adding egg, Omega 3 for dogs, and sea meal protein for a complete nutrition. If you do not add any of those components then consider using this picadillo as a treat adding one or two spoonfuls to the regular dried food.
Want more? Check the video I made with my mom at Adriana’s Best Recipes. This video tutorial has all the scoop!
Dog Approved Beef Picadillo
- chopping block
- sautéing pan
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin lean
- 3 sweet potatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- Clean the sweet potatoes with water and soap, remove any debris and then peel. Dice and set aside.
- In a pot add water and cook the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet add the corn oil and let it warm, then add the ground beef sirloin and cook for few minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked but still juicy.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the cooked ground meat and combine.
- Store the beef picadillo in plastic containers and freeze. Just keep one container in the fridge for the weekly feeding.
- Do not add salt or any condiments.
- Do not add more than one teaspoon of cooking oil (could be olive oil, corn oil or coconut oil).
- The serving suggestion depends on the weight and size of your dog.
- For example, serve one tablespoon combined with the dried dog food for a dog that is 18-20 pounds.
- Since this picadillo is freezer friendly, you can make in advance and keep a few containers adequately dated.
- Then defrost when needed. No need to warm.
- Can combine with the dried dog food or serve on its own.