Dog Approved Beef Picadillo is Today in the Menu!
Hello, I am your Chef Bella, and today I am making a favorite of mine: dog approved beef picadillo. This recipe is straightforward and surely will delight your best friends’ taste buds. Because who doesn’t like a tasty beef dish. I have not met a dog that doesn’t like beef!
My mom is Mexican, so I have gotten inspiration from her picadillo recipes for humans and made this dog-friendly. When shopping at the butchers, I cannot pass a fresh sirloin which is perfect for this dog approved beef picadillo. I have added sweet potatoes for more flavor and using a tiny portion of cooking oil for a leaner dish and no salt or condiments. Dogs should eat only lean meats, not fatty ones and no sodium. You know, we like to keep ourselves fit and healthy.
I like to serve the picadillo combined with a good quality dog dried food. Just add a tablespoon of the dog approved beef picadillo, and this will make your dog’s meal irresistible. You can prepare this ahead of time and freeze. That way your pooch will have a dog-friendly dish to enjoy every day.
Want more? Check the video I made with my mom at Adriana’s Best Recipes. This video tutorial has all the scoop!
Dog Approved Beef Picadillo
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin lean
- 3 sweet potatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- Clean the sweet potatoes with water and soap, remove any debris and then peel. Dice and set aside.
- In a pot add water and cook the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet add the corn oil and let it warm, then add the ground beef sirloin and cook for few minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked but still juicy.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the cooked ground meat and combine.
- Store the beef picadillo in plastic containers and freeze. Just keep one container in the fridge for the weekly feeding.
- Do not add salt or any condiments.
- Do not add more than one teaspoon of cooking oil (could be olive oil, corn oil or coconut oil).
- The serving suggestion depends on the weight and size of your dog.
- For example, serve one tablespoon combined with the dried dog food for a dog that is 18-20 pounds.
- Since this picadillo is freezer friendly, you can make in advance and keep a few containers adequately dated.
- Then defrost when needed. No need to warm.
- Can combine with the dried dog food or serve on its own.