Dog ice cream is in, come and grab some!
This dog ice cream recipe is homemade and it is much better than any commercial brand, because it has real ingredients and it’s made with lots of love!
Did you know that July 15 is National Ice Cream Day?
In celebration of this yummy festivity Chef Bella and I decided to test some recipes in our pet test kitchen and came up with a yummy pooch ice cream recipe. This dog friendly treat is super easy to make and everyone at home can enjoy it, not only the pups but their humans too.
Watch the video for the step by step recipe tutorial!
This recipe has only four ingredients: A ripen banana, almond butter, almond milk and French style plain yogurt. All easy to find at the supermarket. All ingredients are blended together and then added to an ice tray. Freeze overnight and following day you can enjoy with the whole family.
Bella loves this homemade frozen treats, but only gets one every other day. You know, we have to keep it balanced and not indulge too much.
Dog Ice Cream
- 1 banana ripen
- 2 teaspoons french plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter no sugar, plain raw
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Blend all ingredients and pour into an ice tray.
- Freeze overnight minimum 12 hours.
- This recipe is all natural, and humans can eat this dog ice cream too.
- Replace French yogurt for Greek yogurt use plain with no sugar or other additives.
- Almond butter needs to be raw with no sugar or other additives.
- If using peanut butter as a replacement, make sure to use raw with no chemicals, sugar and or other additives as those are harmful to dogs.