Dog ice cream is in, come and grab a little treat!
This dog ice cream recipe is homemade, and it is much better than any commercial brand because it has real ingredients and made with lots of love!
Did you know that July 15 is National Ice Cream Day?
Chef Bella is presenting her ice cream recipe a perfect little frozen treat.
In celebration of this yummy festivity Chef, Bella and I decided to test some recipes in our pet test kitchen and develop a yummy dog ice cream recipe. This dog-friendly treat is super easy to make, and everyone at home can enjoy it, not only the pups but their humans too.
A four-ingredients Dog Ice Cream Recipe!
This pooch-friendly ice cream recipe has only four ingredients: A ripe banana, almond butter, almond milk, and French-style plain yogurt, all easy to find at the supermarket. All components are blended and then added to an ice tray. Freeze overnight, and the following day you can enjoy yourself with the whole family. A perfect little treat that everyone will enjoy.
Frozen pet treat for National Ice Cream Day
Bella loves these homemade frozen treats but only gets one every other day. You know, we have to keep it balanced and not indulge too much. We don’t know when dog ice cream first appeared, but we think it is a genius idea, especially during the summertime.
My family enjoys ice pops and ice cream, but our dogs also like a treat from time to time. I used to freeze bananas, cut in rounds, and feed them so that everyone could enjoy something sweet without indulging too much.
Until I started testing dog-friendly recipes at home discovered that blending almond butter, bananas, yogurt, and almond milk results in bite-size frozen dog treats when using ice trays.
Make this simple and easy recipe for frozen dog treats made with real ingredients. You can make this at home and share it with all the family. Dogs and humans love these ice cream bites because they are yummy, have a real banana and almond butter.
A true treat for everyone, make this fun recipe for your pet family!
Dog Ice Cream
- 1 banana ripen
- 2 teaspoons french plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter no sugar, plain raw
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Blend all ingredients and pour into an ice tray.
- Freeze overnight minimum 12 hours.
- This recipe is all natural, and humans can eat this dog ice cream too.
- Replace French yogurt for Greek yogurt use plain with no sugar or other additives.
- Almond butter needs to be raw with no sugar or other additives.
- If using peanut butter as a replacement, make sure to use raw with no chemicals, sugar and or other additives as those are harmful to dogs.